I bought a CD in October from this band called 33 Miles- a truly talented group who are part of my effort to end my devotion to country music. It's edifying music, and a particular song just asks the question (and I paraphrase), what if I thanked the Lord for everything?
Two of my oldest-best friends and six of my newer-best friends in the entire world threw two birthday celebrations at me in the past 48 hours (one being an utter surprise), and it was two of the most memorable days of this year!
Tonight, I simply want to list things I am thankful for:
-Friends who insist on taking the bill.
-Bran-new power shoes.
-French toast and coffee.
-Inside jokes.
-A "limit" on four applesauces.
-Green chile.
-Encouraging, Biblical conversation.
-Friends who can mimic each other's habits.
-The future ahead.
-New power shoes.
-Being forced to wear a jacket when I am stubborn.
-Getting more coffee with Vi.
-Hilarious faces.
-Watching the Lord move those where they'll be empowered to do radical things for Him.
-Enchiladas with french bread.
-The superfluous but exciting railrunner.
-Guys and girls who will stick closer than a brother.
I Thessalonians 5:6-18
"Be joyful always; pray continually; in everything give thanks for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus."
Amen. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.