Wednesday, April 13, 2011

War of the Worlds

Music is all about the current mood for me. I'll range from the Zac Brown Band to Chris Tomlin. Occasionally I'll mix in some Handel and then go and bump Lecrae. During the basketball season I usually rock Dropkick Murphys or Demon Hunter.

Despite my musical fickleness, I never thought that I would actually spend a Tuesday evening at a metalcore concert. A full-out metalcore concert. Six bands. Madness.

Two Christian bands- In the Midst of Lions and For Today (who was headlining)- were playing in the show. Ben asked me to come with him, and I was happy to hang with my brother. However, the four other bands were about as satanic as anything I have ever run into. Our group was rather shocked not only at the appearance of addiction and the copious cussing but for their obvious hate for their Creator.

At about 8:30 last night I determined that metalcore concerts are the perfect illustration of the spiritual war going on around us. My heart broke for particularly Motionless in White who felt the need to bash the Lord and attempt to undermine everything In the Midst of Lions had said and For Today would proclaim. The guys in Motionless in White obviously have a powerful influence over their fans, and the way they are used to lead others astray was just heartrending. The music of these satanic bands is so violent and filled with wickedness that I was surprised kids weren't shirking people and giving rein to their angry inclinations. I stayed close to Ben the whole evening.

So often I forget that there is a spiritual dimension to life and that the enemy prowls about like a lion seeking whom he may destroy. However, may I never forget that I serve the victorious side. Christ defeated death and the grave by His resurrection. The best Satan can do now is throw up smoke (and last night illustrated this in the most literal sense of the word) screens.

God is a powerful God, and the last two bands (before For Today) ran into technical difficulties that limited their playing time. Heh, heh. For Today preached truth and love and the need for the gospel straight up, and it was beautiful. This is only the second night of this tour, so those guys have a door for ministry opened as wide as the Red Sea. Furthermore, the lead screamer from Motionless in White, the one warring against the God who died for him, was in the back corner of the stage while For Today was playing singing every single word. For Today has passages of their songs that are pure Scripture.

Pray for the guys especially from Motionless in White. They are lost souls and are being used to lead more astray. Pray for For Today and In the Midst of Lions. They truly are in the midst of lions, and they need the Lord's strength to endure, stand for Truth, and show love to those who may have never been shown real love.

Paul nailed this in II Corinthians 10:3-5:
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and ever lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ."

I could not be happier that I went to this concert. I'm just about the nicest sister ever. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.