Sunday, December 18, 2011

Aslan's Country

C.S. Lewis was brilliant. People could write theses on this idea, but I'm working on brevity from now on.

My little brother and I watched "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" last night. At the end of the movie, Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, and Reepicheep paddle onto the shore of Aslan's Country. It's a beautiful representation of heaven and the way that "noble hearts" should desire the Promise Land. Every tear will be wiped away, we'll be forever freed from the presence of sin. Clothed in immortality, we will walk with God Himself.

"'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God." (Revelation 2:7) "Paradise of God" literally meaning the abode of God, to be in His presence, and to be where the Lord is.

What if I lived life longing to set my eyes on Aslan's Country? What if my sole desire was to see the Country from which the Baby in the manger came and to which He returned as victorious Savior?

What if my only goal was to ennoble my heart, following the Lord into adventures in this world, that I might soon see His Country?

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.... Our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like His glorious body, by the power that enables Him even to subject all things to Himself." (Philippians 3:13-14, 20-21)

Press on, my soul. Press on that more might desire to see Aslan's Country. Press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.