Friday, December 16, 2011

Love Immeasurable

In the flurry of throwing half of my closet and stacks of books into my suitcase, I failed to pack my Bible. Heathen.

Being one of the extravagant Americans who owns multiple Bibles, I am enjoying using my bran-new unmarked Bible that was given to me as a graduation gift. Though my usual Bible is like a friend with its familiar notations, I'm loving reading from the clean pages. The Word is more fresh than ever- what a simple joy and a tremendous blessing.

My thoughts from my kitchen table with my daddy's black coffee... Mmm, serenity:

First, the Word:
"...I bow my knees before the Father... that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith - that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with the fullness of God."
Ephesians 3:14-19

Second, the Creed:
I mentioned that my more-or-less governing principle this semester was growing in the knowledge and grace of Christ. It would appear that the precursor to this mission is to be rooted and grounded in His love... So that we may have strength to comprehend this immeasurable love... That we are filled with the fullness of God.

We're made in the image of God, so this would be our end purpose, and the glory goes to Him and Him alone. His strength even gets us to this point.

My Christmas break goal?
Marvel at Christ's love.
Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all.

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.